Birth Injuries Lawyers
Our Lawyers Represent Families Nationwide in Birth Injury Cases Against Their Medical Providers. We Can Help Ensure Your Family has the Financial Resources It Needs for the Future.
In today’s age, there are no excuses for birth injuries caused by diagnostic errors and other medical mistakes. Doctors have the tools and information they need readily available, and modern technology allows for fetal risks to be diagnosed very early on. Most birth injuries can be prevented, and when medical providers fail to prevent them, they deserve to be held accountable.
At Oberheiden Law, we help families nationwide recover financial compensation in birth injury cases. We are devoted to helping families who deserve better, and we are passionate about what we do. If your child’s birth injury is the result of medical negligence or malpractice, we can help you, and we encourage you to contact us so that we can get to work on your case right away.
When Can Families Recover Financial Compensation for Birth Injuries?
Families can recover financial compensation for birth injuries when their child’s condition is the result of their healthcare provider’s negligence. While this can – and often does – involve medical malpractice, there are various other forms of negligence that can entitle families to financial compensation for birth injuries as well. At Oberheiden Law, we handle all types of birth injury claims, including those involving:
- Diagnostic errors during pregnancy, labor, and delivery
- Failure to address maternal health risks
- Failure to maintain an adequate oxygen supply to the fetus
- Failure to timely and safely perform an emergency C-section
- Improper use of forceps and vacuum extractors
- Inadequate communication with the parents regarding birth injury risks and options
- Mixing up patients’ medical records
- Negligence during labor and childbirth
- Negligence in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- Hospital administration errors (i.e. having too few nurses or physicians on staff)
These and other errors can lead to numerous types of birth injuries, some of which will have far greater effects than others. In general, errors that result in reduced oxygen or blood flow tend to present the greatest risk for long-term complications, as these can potentially lead to brain damage resulting in developmental delays or permanent cognitive disabilities. We represent families in cases involving all types of birth injuries and related complications. This includes injuries and conditions such as:
- Bone fractures and tissue injuries
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Caput succedaneum
- Cerebral Palsy (CP)
- Erb’s Palsy
- Epilepsy and other seizure disorders
- Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy (HIE)
- Infections (including sepsis)
- Jaundice and kernicterus
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Maternal injuries
- Persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn (PPHN)
- Shoulder dystocia
What Financial Compensation is Available for Birth Injuries?
Each state has its own laws that govern medical malpractice and other negligence-based claims. As a general rule, families are entitled to receive full compensation for all of the financial and non-financial effects of their children’s birth injuries. This includes compensation for medical expenses, lost earnings, lost income expectancy, pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment of life, and other losses.
However, some states place limits on the damages that families can recover—particularly in cases of medical malpractice. These “damages caps” are intended to help keep the cost of medical malpractice insurance low so that healthcare remains affordable. At Oberheiden Law, we have lawyers who are available to handle birth injury claims in all 50 states; and, when you choose our firm, you will work with a lawyer who is intimately familiar with the laws in your state and who can help make sure your family receives the maximum compensation available.
Why Should You Choose Oberheiden Law for Your Birth Injury Claim?
If your family is in crisis, you need to be able to place full trust in your law firm. Here is why families nationwide trust Oberheiden Law:
- We are experienced. Our attorneys have more than 50 years of combined experience handling birth injury and other serious injury cases.
- We get results. Collectively, our attorneys have recovered more than $6 billion in financial compensation for our clients’ losses.
- We are focused. Unlike many other law firms, our practice is devoted exclusively to handling serious injury and wrongful death claims.
- We offer reduced contingency fees. Also unlike other law firms, we offer reduced contingency fees so that our clients collect more. Instead of the usual 33%, we only charge 25% of our clients’ recoveries.
- We are available 24/7 nationwide. When you need help or advice, we will answer your call. Our nationwide network of senior attorneys is available 24/7.
Schedule a Free Consultation about Your Birth Injury Case
If you would like to speak with a lawyer about recovering financial compensation for your child’s birth injury, we encourage you to get in touch. For a free, no-obligation consultation at Oberheiden Law, call 866-376-4871 or request an appointment online now. Our attorneys are conducting initial consultations by phone and video for your protection during the COVID-19 crisis.