We Represent Victims of Hit-and-Run Accidents Nationwide. Call 24/7 for a Free Consultation.
Being involved in a serious auto accident can be a traumatic experience. It can seem even more devastating if the other driver flees the scene. Fortunately, in today’s world, there are multiple options for tracking down hit-and-run drivers, and in many cases it will still be possible for victims to file insurance claims and recover the compensation they deserve.
However, even if it is not possible to identify the hit-and-run driver, there are still options available. You may have coverage under your own insurance policy, and you may have one or more third-party claims as well. At Oberheiden Law, we help victims of hit-and-run accidents recover just compensation, and our attorneys can use their decades of experience to pursue all available claims on your behalf.
Nationwide Legal Representation for Hit-and-Run Accident Claims
There are several factors that distinguish Oberheiden Law from other personal injury and wrongful death law firms. The first is our nationwide scope. We have attorneys licensed to practice in most states across the country, and we can represent you regardless of where you live or where your hit-and-run accident occurred.
The second is our experience. Our attorneys have recovered more than $6 billion in financial compensation for our clients, and they are responsible for some of the largest settlements and verdicts in United States history.
The third is our reduced contingency fee. Most personal injury and wrongful death law firms charge a contingency fee of 33 percent, if not higher. At Oberheiden Law, our contingency fee is just 25 percent. If your claim is successful, this means that you will receive thousands of dollars – if not tens of thousands of dollars – in additional compensation.
What are Your Options After a Hit-and-Run Accident?
While recovering financial compensation after a hit-and-run accident presents some unique challenges, as an accident victim you are not without recourse. In fact, you could have multiple opportunities for recovering your losses, and at Oberheiden Law we can begin working immediately to seek justice on your behalf.
In a typical scenario, the options for recovering financial compensation after a hit-and-run accident include:
- Tracking Down the Hit-and-Run Driver – From forensic evidence at the scene to security camera footage to posts on social media, today there are numerous potential sources of evidence for locating hit-and-run drivers. When you choose Oberheiden Law, our first course of action will be to attempt to identify the driver who hit you.
- Filing a PIP/Med Pay or Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claim – Many states require drivers to carry personal injury protection (PIP) or medical payments (Med Pay) coverage, and this coverage provides no-fault compensation regardless of the circumstances involved in a collision. If you have uninsured/underinsures motorist (UIM) coverage, you can rely on this coverage after a hit-and-run accident as well.
- Suing Your Vehicle’s Manufacturer – If an issue with your vehicle played a role in the accident (i.e. your brakes failed) or is partially responsible for your injuries (i.e. your airbag failed to deploy), then your vehicle’s manufacturer may be liable. At Oberheiden Law, we are experienced in pursuing claims against manufacturers and other companies for product defects.
- Suing Your Dealership or Repair Shop – If an issue with your vehicle was the result of negligent repair or maintenance work rather than a product defect, then the dealership or repair shop that performed the work may be liable for your losses. Many states follow the rule of “joint and several liability,” and this rule allows victims to seek full compensation from any party that is partially to blame for their injuries.
- Filing a Claim Against the Government – Potholes, low shoulders, missing road signs, poorly-timed traffic lights, road construction debris, and various other issues can support claims against the government. Claims against government entities are subject to special restrictions and requirements, so it is important that you have an experienced attorney on your side.
Regardless of what happened and who is to blame, at Oberheiden Law, we will provide you with a comprehensive assessment of your legal rights, and we will do everything we can to recover the financial compensation you deserve. To get started with a free, no-obligation consultation, contact us now.
Discuss Your Hit-and-Run Accident with a Senior Attorney at Oberheiden Law
If you would like to discuss your hit-and-run accident with one of our senior attorneys, call us at 866-376-4871 or request a free consultation online now. Let us use our experience to help you recover.